Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heath teaching Peyton how to line a fishing pole.
She wasn't too into me putting this hat on her.

Surrounded by presents and Grandpa and Grandma Durlam's house


Me and my baby girl!



Ready for daycare...it was dress up day.




Yes...I've been seriously slacking on Peyton's blog, but I do have a very good reason for it. Since the last time I posted, Peyton has gotten two teeth, learned how to crawl, and pulls herself up to EVERYTHING! She scares the daylights out of me with her daring ways so I'm glued to her every move. Currently, she is taking a little snooze....she fell asleep on the way home from daycare.

Since it's been so long since I've posted, there is plenty to update on. Let's start with Christmas. Peyton had a fabulous first Christmas. She spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day back in Jefferson at her grandparents house. Lots and lots of presents and plenty of good food to eat. Peyton hadn't learned to crawl yet, so we didn't have to worry about her pulling the tree down :-).
At the beginning of January, I finally noticed that Peyton had two white bumps on her bottom gums. Yeah!! She finally had some teeth coming in. I was beginning to think she was going to be toothless. She handled the teething process very well. They seemed to bother her most at night, but when she woke up she just needed a few extra snuggles from mommy and she went right back to sleep.

Also, during the beginning of January, Peyton figured the whole crawling thing out. I was lucky enough to get it on camera too! Ever since then she is unstoppable and like all babies loves to get into everything she isn't supposed to. I'm so proud of all these milestones that she has been meeting. Since her accident everything has been wait and see as far as developmental progress. I'm happy to report that Peyton is very much on schedule and even advanced in many skills. AEA comes and visits Peyton monthly at daycare to make sure she's right on target. So far so good!
I can honestly say that Peyton's favorite thing these days (in addition to standing up) is trying new foods. She loves being put in the highchair and eating. They may be some of the reason that she is still in the 95th percentile for weight. Everyone at the doctor's office said that she wears it so well :-). I would have to agree.....she certainly isn't chubby she's just well proportioned.
In addition to keeping busy learning new things, Peyton has also had her weekends filled with plenty of fun. On January 24th, she went to her cousin Brayden's first birthday party. She had such a good time. So many kids for her to play with and plenty of activity to keep her occupied. In just a few months Peyton will get to enjoy celebrating her own first birthday. That same weekend, Grandpa Dennis came up and spent the day with us. Grandpa took us all to Red Lobster and Peyton enjoyed eating biscuits, mashed potatoes, and ice cream.
Continued from yesterday....see I told you I don't have any time to update this :-).
For the Superbowl this year, Peyton spent the weekend back in Jefferson. She spent some quality time with Grandpa Dennis and Grammy and Grampy Durlam. They of course love every chance they can get with her!













No comments: